Fourteen NBA rookies sign sneaker deals with Nike

Nike has dominated the NBA for years. The American company continued to tighten its grip on the league by announcing several key signings on Friday, October 21.

According to ESPN’s Nike DePaula, 14 rookies from the NBA Draft 2022 class have officially signed sneaker deals with Nike. See the full list of players below:

Nike signatures

Player Crew Take

Chet Holmgren

Oklahoma City Thunder

2

Jaden Ivey

Detroit Pistons

5

Shaedon Sharpe

Portland Trail Blazers

seven

Jeremy Sochan

San Antonio Spurs

9

Jalen Duren

Charlotte Hornets

13

Ochai Agbaji

Cleveland Cavaliers

14

AJ Griffin

Atlanta Hawks

16

Tari Reason

Houston Rockets

17

David Roddy

Philadelphia 76ers

23

Wendell Moore Jr.

Dallas Mavericks

26

Patrick Baldwin Jr.

Golden State Warriors

28

Ty Ty Washington Jr.

Memphis Grizzlies

29

Andre Nembhard

Indiana Pacers

31

jade hardy

Sacramento Kings

37

In addition to yesterday’s signings, Nike already secured the No. 1 draft pick when Orlando Magic forward Paolo Banchero signed with Jordan Brand.

Companies such as Adidas, Puma, Under Armor and other small players will compete for the remaining recruits to save the draft class.

Scroll to continue

According to a 2021 study by DB Ballerinas, 67.1% of active players wore Nike shoes and 9% wore the Jordan brand (totaling 76.1% of the league for Nike). Adidas held 9% of the league, Puma controlled 4.1% and Under Armor came fifth with 3.2% of the players.

The sneaker industry is highly competitive and every company outside of Nike has their work cut out for them. We can’t wait to see what these brands have planned for the 2022-23 NBA season. Stick with FanNationKicks.com for all your sneaker news.

recommended for you

Five Best NBA Opening Night Shoes

LeBron James launches two brand new Nike shoes

What if Kobe Bryant had never left Adidas?

Comments are closed.