The PC will vote on Schlotzsky’s permit
The planning commission will consider a major development permit for Schlotzsky at its next meeting on Tuesday.
If approved, the permit will authorize an 1,808-square-foot quick-service restaurant at 400 West US Hwy 412 between Walgreens and Zips Car Wash, according to a staff report prepared by Senior Planner Ben Rhoads and City Engineer Justin Bland on March 9. the article will go before the city council on May 3rd.
City staff recommends permit approval on two conditions: Schlotzsky’s will file a related lot split permit prior to issuance of the building permit, which will also be reviewed by the planning commission at the meeting.
The second condition is that Schlotzsky will comply with outdoor parking lot lighting standards, including revised photometry in architectural plans before building permits are issued, the report said.
Other considerations include the dumpster platform at the southwest corner of the lot will be screened, the report said.
Stormwater drainage is managed onsite through an underground catchment system, a similar project has taken place at the Plaza Mall where Tropical Smoothie is located, the report said.
The circulation and drainage reports were reviewed by Bland and received a positive recommendation, the report said. The lighting plan is provisionally approved, except for a minor modification required on one of the figures presented, the report said.
The Planning Commission will also review and hear the following:
• Approval of the minutes of the March 8 meeting.
• Preliminary subgrade development permit for the 2500 block of South Waukesha Road. This article will go before the city council on May 3.
• Preliminary Flat Development Permit for Block 600 to 700 of East Lake Francis Drive. This article will go before the city council on May 3.
• Rezoning development permit for the 2600 block of North Country Club Road. This article will go before the city council on May 3.
• Special Use Development Permit for 130 Dogwood Place. This article will go before the city council on May 3.
• Full plan monthly update.
Permits approved by staff
• Lot Consolidation Development Permit for 816 E. Main St. This item was submitted to council for easements on April 5th.
• Shared Lot Development Permit for 21500 Davidson Rd. It is estimated that this item will go to the Easement Board on April 19th.
• Split Lot Development Permit for the 3000 block of South Elm Street. It is estimated that this item will go to the easements board on April 19.
• Lot Line Adjustment Permit for 1299 Brashears Rd and 3017 N. Hico St. This item is expected to be submitted to council for easements on April 19th.
• Lot Consolidation Permit for the 800 block of East Central Street/103 S. Britt St. This item is expected to be submitted to council for easements on April 19th.