University of Hawaii Football welcomes San Diego State with first full crowd to Clarence TC Ching Track and Field Complex
HONOLULU – For the first time since moving to the Clarence TC Ching Track and Field Complex, the University of Hawaii football team will play to a full house as the Rainbow Warriors host San Diego State, the Saturday, November 6 in a nationally televised game. on FS1. Kick-off is 5:00 p.m. Due to state and county restrictions, the UH was unable to accommodate spectators at the Ching Complex for the first three games of the season and only a limited number in its last game two weeks ago. . Tickets can be purchased here.
|HAWAI’I (4-5, 1-3 Mountain West) vs. SAN DIEGO STATE (7-1, 3-1 MW)|
|Date | Time||Saturday 6 November 2021 | 5:00 p.m. HT|
|Location | Stadium||Honolulu, O’ahu | Clarence TC Ching Complex (9,000)|
|Television||FS1. Dan Hellie (play-by-play) and Robert Smith (analyst).|
|Radio||ESPN Honolulu (1420AM / 92.7FM). Bobby Curran (play-by-play), John Veneri (analyst) and Mark Veneri (sideline). KRKH (Maui), KPUA (Island of Hawai’i) and KTOH (Kaua’i). Chris Hart, Gary Dickman and Arnold Martinez present “The New Countdown to Kick-off” at 3:00 PM HT.|
|Audio streaming||ESPNHonolulu.com and Sideline Hawaii app|
|Play Notes||Hawaii (PDF) | State of San Diego | West Mountain (PDF)|
|Digital program||Rainbow Warriors Weekly|
|Social media||@HawaiiFootball | #HawaiiFB | @RainbowWarriorsFootball | Facebook|
HEAD COACH TODD GRAHAM
Overall result: 104-70 (14th season)
In Hawai’i: 9-9 (2nd season)
SERIES AGAINST THE STATE OF SAN DIEGO
Series Info: San Diego State Leads 12-21-2
In Honolulu: San Diego State leads 11-7-2
- Saturday’s game will mark the UH’s first home game with a maximum capacity of 100% since the start of the pandemic. Two weeks ago, a maximum of 1,000 spectators were allowed inside the 9,000-seat Clarence TC Ching complex.
- The game is the 36th meeting between the teams, with San Diego State having a 21-12-2 advantage. The Aztecs have won 16 of the last 20 in the series.
- SDSU leads 11-7-2 in games played in Honolulu, but UH won the last game in 2019, 14-11, which won the West Division title.
- Hawaii’s victory in 2018 ended a six-game losing streak in the series. UH have won consecutive matches in the series in 2018 and ’19.
- The teams have met annually since 2012 as members of Mountain West, which the Aztecs have won in seven of nine clashes.
- UH (4-5, 1-3 MW) lost their fourth road game of the season last week following a 51-31 loss to Utah State in Logan, Utah.
- The Aztecs (7-1, 3-1 MW) suffered their first loss and slipped from first place in the West Division after a 30-20 loss at home to Fresno State last Saturday. Upon entering the game, SDSU was ranked No. 21 in the Associated Press poll.
- UH is 3-1 at home this season with its only loss, a 17-13 loss to San Jose State. SDSU is 3-0 on the road, including back-to-back Mountain West wins at SJSU (2OT) and the Air Force.
- SDSU’s defense ranks 12th nationally, allowing just 17.5 points and 304.9 total attacking yards per game.
- UH has run for more than 200 yards on four occasions this season, all of which have ended in victories, including three at home. Under the head coach Todd graham, the Warriors are 6-0 when they eclipsed more than 200 rushing yards in a game.
- UH have outscored their opponents 55-10 in the first quarter in their four home games, compared to 65-20 in the first quarter on the road.
- In the last three games, UH has accumulated six touchdowns from 60 yards or more, including three defensive touchdowns.
- UH quarterback Chevan Cordeiro is 64 rushing yards of career 1,000. When he reaches that mark, he will become the third UH caller to join Michael Carter and Glenn Freitas in reaching that mark.
- UH placekicker Matthew Shipley has scored a 10-goal streak and is 11 of 12 this season. The sophomore logged in on a 49-yard career last week against Utah State.
Raise the cane is the sponsor of the game of “Military nightField presentations and video panel commemorations will be presented throughout the game in honor of the military. The UH football team will wear special Adidas uniforms dedicated to the University team Hawai’i of 1941 who went 8-1 in their season and to everyone who lost in the events of Pearl Harbor 80 years ago. BowZone, presented by Hawaiian Tel FCU, will be open from 3 p.m. on the ground floor and on the lobby level of the Murakami Stadium.
- Farmers Hawaii t-shirts will be thrown in the stands between Q1 and Q2
- One lucky fan will participate in the “Raising Cane’s Quarterback Challenge” for a chance to win a UH Prize Pack.
- The lucky winners will be selected by following @hawaiiathletics instagram stories for a chance to win a special edition Uh military hats.
- UH Football fans have the opportunity to participate in the “Tailgate arches. Post a photo of your gaming experience and use the hashtag #BowsTailgate. Fans can post on Instagram and Facebook.
- UH fans can test their UH football IQ in the “Anecdotes about arcsQuestions and questions will be posted on Instagram Stories (@hawaiiathletics) throughout the football game.
- Follow us during the soccer game on Instagram Stories (@hawaiiathletics) as fans will be asked a series of questions and polls about Hawaiian soccer.